Where: Casa De Luz 1701 Toomey Road 78704
When: Tuesday 7:30 – 8:30 pm
Start: April 12 – “Ongoing Community Practice”
Investment: Donation based – A portion of the donations will be given to The Integrity Academy Scholorship Fund
Contact email@example.com 512-547-0619
Cultivating Qi through a regular Qigong Practice triggers numerous health benefits.
- Qigong initiates the “relaxation response,” which is fostered when the mind is freed of its many distractions. This decreases the sympathetic function of the autonomic nervous system, which in turn reduces heart rate and blood pressure, dialates the blood capillaries, and optimizes the delivery of oxygen and nutrition to the tissues.
- Qigong alters the neurochemistry profile toward accelerated healing function. Neurotransmitters, also called information molecules, bond with receptor sites in the immune, nervous, digestive, indocrine and other systems to excite or inhibit function to moderate pain, enhance organ capacity, reduce anxiety and depression, and neutralize addictive cravings.
- Qigong enhances the efficiency of the human system through increased rate and flow of the lymphatic fluid and activation of immune cells. Resistence to disease and infection is accelerated by the elimination of toxic metabolic by-products from the interstitial spaces in the tissues, organs and glands through the lymphatic system.
- Qigong increases the efficiency of cell metabolism and tissue regeneration thru increased circulation of oxygen and nutient rich blood to the brain, organs and tissues.
- Qigong coordinates and balances right / left brain hemisphere dominance promoting deeper sleep, reduced anxiety and mental clarity.
- Qigong induces alpha and, in some cases, theta brain waves which reduce heart rate and blood pressure, facilitating relaxation, and mental focus; this optimizes the body’s self – regulative mechanisms by decreasing the activity of the sympathetic nervous system.
- Qigong moderates the function of the hypothalmus, pituitary, and pineal glands, as well as the cerebrolspinal fluid system of the brain and spinal cord, which manages pain and mood as well as optimizing immune function.